Recipe: Red Velvet Cookies

Hey lovelies! I'm back and this time it's with a super simple (and tasty) cookie recipe!

Seeing as I'm the "Sugar Mama" of the pavilion it's up to me to bake goodies for all our new Canadians. This means lots of time to experiment with new recipes and lots of hungry people to test it out on! (Everyone wins!)

This time I was searching for a recipe that used our patriotic colours and I happened to stumble across Duncan Hine's recipe for Red Velvet cookies. I swear these are the easiest cookies you will ever make because they only take 4 ingredients!

blog lovelymissmegs megan

What You Will Need:

♥ 1 box of Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix
♥ 2 eggs
♥ 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
♥ 1/4 cup of icing sugar

Directions:

♥ Preheat your oven to 375°F

♥ Mix the cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl
♥ Once combined roll dough into 1 inch balls
♥ Place icing sugar in a bowl and roll the dough balls in it. (Hint: the thicker the coat of icing sugar the nicer they look when they have cooked)

♥ Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes (the tops will crack open which shows off their pretty red colour)

♥ Let the cookies cool on a wire rack then enjoy!

Not only would these cookies be great for any Canada Day celebration but I also think they would look super festive come Christmas time.

Happy baking everyone!
♥ Megan