Nail DIY: Frosty Fingertips

blog lovelymissmegs megan christmas nail art diy frost
Yesterday we got our first snowfall of the year and of course I was out and about without gloves or a jacket on. That was a bad decision on my behalf, but if I didn't freeze my fingers off then I'd never have got the idea for my new super sparkly nails! I'm not usually one for nail art (because I suck at it) but this was SUPER easy to do! And if I can do it, you can do it!

blog lovelymissmegs megan christmas nail art diy frost
What you'll need:
White Nail Polish (I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in 'White on')
Metallic Blue Nail Polish (I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in 'Blizzard Blue')
White Glitter Nail Polish (I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in 'Disco Ball')
Top Coat (I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in 'Clear')
A cut up piece of sponge
* Not pictured, a piece of wax paper

blog lovelymissmegs megan christmas nail art diy frost
Paint your nails metallic blue and let them dry completely. (If your blue nail polish is thin like mine was, paint a base coat of white, let that dry, then paint the blue over top)

blog lovelymissmegs megan christmas nail art diy frost
Once the blue is completely dry, pour out a bit of white nail polish on the wax paper and dip your sponge into it. Dab any excess paint off the sponge then lightly stipple the white paint on the tips. Make it thicker at the very tip then blend it out to halfway down your nail.

blog lovelymissmegs megan christmas nail art diy frost
Let this dry completely. Now if you like a more realistic look you can leave your nails as is and it will look like the snow you spray on windows with lots of cool texture (as show above)

However if you're like me, then you LOVE sparkles and you want to have super sparkly nails whenever you can! So all you have to do is take your glitter polish and paint over the white area to make your snow sparkle in the light.

Let all of this dry, add your top coat then TADA you've done!

Now you can have frosty fingers without the pain of frost bite!

♥ Megan