What I Wore: Love at First Flight

blog wanderlust whimsy megan summer challenge
I'm going to let you guys in on a little secret; I love cheesy puns. The worse the pun, the more I'm guaranteed to love it. Hence the title of this outfit post.

I'll also let you know that I originally bought this dress thinking it had pink flamingos all over it. (You can tell I didn't pay close attention when I grabbed it off the rack.). In fact, it was only once I got home that I realized the birds were swans, not flamingos. Pink poultry aside, I'm still head over heels in love with this dress. I think it's perfect for a hot summer day because the fabric is so light weight.

blog wanderlust whimsy megan summer challenge
blog wanderlust whimsy megan summer challenge
Speaking of hot summer days, this weekend was SO NICE! Friday Greg and I went to Yuk-Yuk's comedy club with two other couples because our friend had won tickets. Having never been to a comedy club we didn't know what to expect but it turned out to be a lot of fun. I don't know if I would pay $20 to see another one, but you can't go wrong when something is free. Plus it's nice to get out of the house every once and a while.

Saturday morning we visited Parkwood Estates (a historical mansion in Oshawa) that was holding a Bomb Girls 1940s garden party. Our friends who work at the mansion asked Greg and I to visit so we threw on our best spur of the moment 40s outfits and headed over for festivities. After lunch and a quick wardrobe change we then spent the afternoon visiting all the game shops and comic book stores we could think of trying to find a place that sold Pandemic (the board game). After seeing it on Tabletop Greg and I have been dying to play it. But unfortunately no one had it. We then spent the evening playing Munchkin Cthulhu and Settlers of Catan with Greg's friend, sister and her boyfriend to cure our tabletop woes. It was quite the eventful day.

Sunday was far more relaxed and focused on enjoying the gorgeous weather we had been experiencing all weekend. First we ran some errands and picked up his dad's birthday gift. Then went for a walk to kill time before heading over to his Aunt's house for birthday celebrations. One thing I have always loved about Greg's family is how the huge group of them get together every Sunday and have dinner. It's such a great sense of family and the food is always great!

blog wanderlust whimsy megan summer challenge
blog wanderlust whimsy megan outfit details
Dress: Target | Cardigan: TAG | Shoes: How About Wow? Flats from Modcloth
Necklace: Heart Chain Necklace from Modcloth | Sunglasses: DIY Dollar Store sunglasses (DIY here)

Now if Mother Nature could continue the great weather instead of giving us rain all week, that would be awesome.

Have a great day!

♥ Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and read Wanderlust & Whimsy!
I love to hear what you have to say, so don't be shy! ♥