What I Wore: Madeline

blog wanderlust whimsy megan outfit ootd what I wore modcloth red white and cute blue yellow hive and honey how soon is wow
In an old house in Paris covered by vines, lived twelve little girls in two straight lines.
They left the house at half past nine. 2 straight lines, in rain or shine. The smallest one...was Madeline.

blog wanderlust whimsy megan outfit ootd what I wore modcloth red white and cute blue yellow hive and honey how soon is wow
So... funny story about what happened on the day these photos were taken:

In the morning I had received a few texts from Greg who was acting especially sappy and excitable that day. It was a very strange thing because he is never all these things at once so I thought something might be up. He had asked me if I wanted to go to Cullen Gardens with him and told me I should bring my camera. At first I was like ok, no big deal. We're just going for a walk like we always do. But the way he was acting had me suspicious. So then I started thinking of what he could have planned and I started to think: Oh man, I wonder if he's going to propose (I've been watching a lot of bridal shows on TLC when nothing else is on so that's why my mind went there.) Anyways, I threw on a nice outfit and we headed to the park.

blog wanderlust whimsy megan outfit ootd what I wore modcloth red white and cute blue yellow hive and honey how soon is wow
During the car ride I decided to ask Greg why he was acting so strange that day. I mean, being in a good mood isn't what had me suspicious. It was the fact that when Greg is REALLY excited about something secretive, he has a hard time hiding it. Turns out he was just in a good mood and the good mood plus the uber sappiness was a coincidence. I told him about my crazy notion about him proposing and he laughed but felt a little bad for leading me on (seriously he wasn't. Like I said before I've watched one too many episodes of Say Yes To The Dress).

blog wanderlust whimsy megan outfit ootd what I wore modcloth red white and cute blue yellow hive and honey how soon is wow
Anyways, when we got to the park we decided to take a few outfit photos since I already had my camera and was wearing a cute outfit. The best part however was when we looked over at one of the main buildings and saw the writing on the wall from what I assume was an engagement photoshoot. I pointed it out to Greg and died of laughter because of our earlier conversation. What were the odds of that happening?! It was the funniest thing and we both got a good laugh out of it. I then made Greg take my picture in front of it as a joke because I couldn't get over how funny it was.

blog wanderlust whimsy megan outfit details
blog wanderlust whimsy megan outfit details
Dress: Modcloth | Cardigan: Stitches | Shoes: Modcloth | Hair Flower: Hive & Honey
Belt: Thrifted | Purse: Little Black Bag

So yes, that is the story of my non-existant proposal :)

And if you're wondering where I got the title for the outfit, I give full credit to Bere because she left a comment on my instagram saying this dress with these shoes reminded her of Madeline. And I completely agree. Plus I adored that show as a child.

♥ Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and read Wanderlust & Whimsy!
I love to hear what you have to say, so don't be shy! ♥