sweater: forever 21
dress: forever 21
dress: forever 21
shoes: xhileration; target
hair bow: h&m
1. Try incorporating fall colors into your outfits like mustard, rusty red, or forest green. This bright blue I'm wearing is in for fall this year, so I've gone with that!
2. If it's not too sweltering hot, use very thin layers. My dress is a lace summer find and the sweater is about as thin as it could be while still being called a sweater!
3. Try playing with texture. Thin corduroy, lace, or linen can be worked into a warm fall wardrobe. I like to wear corduroy shorts without tights until it cools down.
4. Don't forget your sunglasses! It's still sunny out there!
5. Play with fall nail polish trends. The best thing is that nail polish can't make you any toastier than you are! I'm wearing Westside Warrior from China Glaze's fall collection Metro.
6. Keep your legs bare and cover up on top. It's a lot easier to take off a cardigan or sweater than it is to peel tights off in the middle of the day. If I get too hot in this outfit, I can just take the sweater off and I'm wearing my summer dress again.
If all else fails, I suck it up and deal with the inevitable toasty-ness that comes along with October in Georgia. I know it'll cool down some day!
Happy October everyone! Thanks for reading my guest post and I hope you all have an amazing month.
Thanks for sharing your helpful tips and gorgeous outfit with us Jamie! I know this sounds dumb but I never would have thought to wear a sweater instead of tights because it's easier to take off! That's genius!
Be sure to check out Jamie's blog for more outfit posts reflective of her great style and fun personality. She's the kind of girl who is not afraid to rock leopard print, bright colors, or hot pink lipstick and I am totally jealous!
P.S. Only 5 days left to enter the Halloween Giveaway! Good luck everyone!