DIY: Customize Your Sunglasses
Hey everybody! Today I have a super simple and cheap way for you to spruce up your old sunglasses. Or if you're like me and you break/ lose your sunglasses all the time then it's a great way to make those boring dollar store glasses look good!
What I really love about this DIY is that you can your make your sunglasses whatever colour you can think of! As long as you can find a nail polish colour that's the colour you want, then you're set! Just keep in mind, pinks, yellows, oranges and reds look better with warm coloured lenses and purples, greens and blues look better with cool coloured lenses.
Ok, let's get started!
*not pictured, glue gun
1. Cover the lenses with tape so you don't accidentally get nail polish on them. You can also tape off stripes or patterns that you want to paint on your glasses. Think: stripes, triangles or zig-zags. Get creative!
2. Take whatever nail polishes you've picked and start painting! It might take a few coats depending on what colour the glasses originally were. And don't forget to paint the front and back of the frames! (For my glasses I chose to paint the frames Hula by Joe Fresh and the arms Simone by Julep)
3. (Optional) Give your sunglasses a coat of glossy spray paint to seal everything.
4. Remove the tape and TADA! You've got yourself a fancy new pair of sunglasses in a colour you've always wanted!
5. (Optional) With a glue gun, add some rhinestones, beads or flowers for some extra pizazz!
6. Flaunt those awesome sunglasses you just made! (My favourite way is the pouting movie star pose as pictured above. haha)
There are so many different colours and styles you could make using this DIY, the options are endless!
If you make yourself a pair be sure to link me to your results! I can't wait to see them!