Pumpkin Spice Cupcake Recipe
I've been baking up a storm the past few days so that means it's time to share another recipe! This time it's one of my all time favourite recipes for the fall, pumpkin spice cupcakes! Yum!
|2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour||1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon||1/2 cup butter, softened|
|1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg||1 cup vanilla sugar*|
|1/2 teaspoon ground ginger||1/3 cup brown sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cloves||2 eggs, room temperature|
|1/2 teaspoon ground all spice||3/4 cup milk|
|1/2 teaspoon salt||1 cup pure pumpkin puree|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
* Vanilla sugar is made by placing whole vanilla beans in white sugar and leaving it in the bag/container permanently. The sugar absorbs the smooth vanilla taste which makes it delicious in all sorts of baked goods and coffees. However if you don't have vanilla sugar, just use regular white sugar.
1. Preheat your oven to 375℉. In a bowl sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove, allspice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
2. In a seprate bowl beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time making sure they are fully incorporated. Stir in the milk and pumpkin puree after the last egg.
3. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in thirds making sure to fully blend before adding the next portion. Once all the ingredients have been mixed together pour the batter into muffin cups.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cupcakes are golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed. (You can also use a toothpick to check) Cool in the pans for 5 minutes before removing to cool on a cooing rack/ the counter.
4. Make sure cupcakes have completely cooled, then add frosting of your choice.
Combine a container of cream cheese frosting & 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon together.
Add a dollop of whipped cream to the top of each cupcake to mimic the taste of pumpkin pie.
Now eat them all up! Om nom nom!
P.S. In case you were wondering, my nailpolish is Pumpkin by Joe Fresh. The PERFECT colour for fall as far as I'm concerned.