Write My Name Across The Sky

Yesterday we had such weird weather in my hometown. When I woke up the sky was blue and the sun was shining. Fast forward to the afternoon and the sky had turned dark grey and we had a HUGE downpour with thunder and lightning. I don't know why, but it struck me as weird how fast and drastically the weather changed. Not to mention the rain was coming down so hard it sounded more like hail.

Good thing I spent the whole day indoors packing up for our move in 16 days. We are so far behind on packing, but I know somehow we can do it. The Soares girls have always been pros at last minute packing!

In the evening I headed over to Greg's house and that's when the weather got really weird. As I was driving the sun was out behind me and the sky was turning back to blue. However ahead of me the sky was still dark grey, with lightning, and a rainbow!

I've never in my life seen lightning and a rainbow at the same time. It was surreal.

When I got to Greg's we didn't really do much because I wasn't feeling too well. We just kind of hung out and watched tv. Then it got dark and we could hear fireworks going off somewhere in his neighbourhood so we went outside to try and see them. No luck though. So we grabbed the sparklers I bought earlier at the dollar store and took some fun pictures. His sister Laura and her boyfriend Kyle joined us later on.

It's amazing how much fun a bunch of 20-something year olds can still have playing with sparklers. It's just like I used to do every Victoria day when I was a kid.

blog lovelymissmegs my favourite things monday vogue korea

blog lovelymissmegs my favourite things monday vogue korea
We all wrote our names with the sparklers!

blog lovelymissmegs my favourite things monday vogue korea
Doodles! The left is Greg's stick figure and the top right is Laura and Kyle attempting to sword fight

My favourite part of the night had to be when Laura said "Are you ready for this? This is going to be an awesome picture!" She then threw the sparkler up in the air thinking it would fall back down, but no, instead she ended up throwing it on the roof. After a few moments of hoping the dead leaves on the roof wouldn't catch fire the sparkler went out and we all had a good laugh.

I think in the future I'm going to try experimenting with more sparkler pictures, this was way too much fun!

blog lovelymissmegs my favourite things monday vogue korea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and read Wanderlust & Whimsy!
I love to hear what you have to say, so don't be shy! ♥